Print Studio - print database error

When transferring a model from inventor 2016 to Print Studio there is an error message when Print Studio opens.

"There was a problem connecting to the print database. Some functionality may be unstable. Please clean the print database and relaunch the application."

I am connected to a Makerbot Replicator 1 by USB (setup in Inventor).

Reinstalling fixed the error temporarily, then it returned.

Found a fix on Autodesk forums under "Print Studio has stopped working" post:

- Close Print Studio and the Makerbot software (make sure that they are not running in the Background)

- In windows 8.1 open the Services window...(simply search services in the windows 8.1 and open "view local services")

- Once the Services window opens, find "Print Manager" and press the "Stop the Service" button on the left side

- Next delete the following folders

-- C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk

-- C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Print Studio

- After deleting the folders go back to services and Start up the Printer manager service

- Start only Autodesk Print Studio

Today I installed the Win10 Creators update.
Print Studio does not start, it gives the same error specified in this post.

As I m running Win10, the path – C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk does not exist.

Any other ways to address this?

I haven’t had time to look at this yet, but try looking in C:\Users[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk (note that AppData is a hidden folder).

I removed all the contents in that folder but I still cannot install PS

I realise this might be a silly question, but did you try to right mouse click on the exe file and select ‘run as administrator’? Maybe this doesn’t work in Win10…

Yes, I tried this yesterday.
no impact, unfortunately.
I also tried that Microsoft uninstall utility.

Here’s how to uninstall the Creators Update:

1. Go to Start > Settings
  2. Click on ‘Update & security’.
  3. Select Recovery from the sidebar
  4. Under ‘Go back to the previous version of Windows 10’, click Get Started
  5. Answer the questions and don’t bother installing any new updates (unless you’re reading this months after it’s been posted)
  6. Once the rollback is complete, Print Studio should work again

Are you saying that users should not update windows if they want to keep using PS?

Not that Microsoft products don’t contain bugs, they do break things occasionally, but Creators update is a release version, not a beta, release candidate etc.
It’s not optional, its rolling out as we speak and a second one is coming out in September.
In the world, we live in, updates are not to be taken lightly.
You do read the news, right?

Unfortunately, that’s what I’m saying. You can still protect yourself from WannaCrypt if you install the March 2017 security update, but if you’re forced to install the Creators Update, there’s not much you can do.