Physical and chemical Propertires of PR48

Trying to work on a new structure in ANSYS and want to check its stability before printing.NEED physical and chemical properties of PR48.I can only see a safety Datasheet but it does not contain its physical and structural properties.

Does this help? Autodesk_Standard_Clear_PR48_Formulation.pdf (112.6 KB)

Thankx Owen for responding.I had read the same on your website,but what I
actually meant from the properties, were kind of things as shown in ANSYS
toolbox.Since to check a geometry under different loading conditions
specific data as its physical properties, plasticity and strength data is
required, without which ANSYS cannot generate results.So if that is
available? Regards Umair

Hmm, maybe this post would help?

Hello Owen,
Under what category does this resin PR-48 fall among the three (Non-Polar, Medium Polar, Polar) resin.Is this an aqueous or non aqueous resin?
This question arises as the resin is a combination of different constituents mentioned in the datasheet. Even-though PR stands for Polar Resin, the formulation contains both types of constituents. Is this information available?
Regards
Balakrishnan

Hi Balakrisnan! Polarity is somewhat relative… PR48 is non-aqueous, and it has similar polarity to acetone. It is insoluble in water and soluble in alcohols at 20-40% wt. depending on the particular species. Acetone, butyl acetate, and propylene carbonate are the best solvents for it, so in the scheme of organic molecules it would be considered a fairly polar aprotic mixture.

This software considers all parameters that make a difference in the mechanical properties (print orientation, layer thickness, etc.) and gives you the actual properties for some specific print settings. As @OwenSmithyman mentioned, the mechanical properties depend on the print parameters heavily, so you would need to run many tests if you are using different parts with different print settings.

I don’t think they have included Autodesk’s resins in their materials library yet. However, they did include the Formlabs ones. They do accept people to send them materials samples, and I assume they would publish results based on that.

I am also interested in doing FEA simulations for 3D printed components. Since I am looking at many parts with many configurations, this program would save me the time to run the tests and derive the properties from there.