If the LED in your Ember’s projector burns out and you want to fix it yourself, or if you just want to put different LEDs into it, here’s how to do that!
Note: The Ember projector uses the Luminus CBT-39 405nm UV LED.
First, take your Ember apart and remove the projector. Once you’ve removed the projector, follow these steps:
- Remove the three screws that hold the LED power panel in place, unplug the purple LED power cable, and remove the panel.
2. Remove the screws that hold the heat sink, then remove the heatsink itself. It will probably be sticky because of the thermal paste.
3. Remove the nylon screws (sometimes they are metal) that hold the heat sink interface plate, then remove the plate. Again, there will be thermal paste.
4. Remove the plate that holds the LED. Sometimes this will come off easily, but sometimes it requires prying because it is held in with tape.
5. Remove the screws that hold the LED to the LED plate, and remove the LED.
To insert a new LED, follow these directions in reverse.