Autodesk Fusion 360 - STL File Refinement

I just started using Autodesk Fusion 360. When I save an .stl file, it gives me the option to use a high, medium, or low refinement. I assume the high refinement will translate into a higher part accuracy ultimately. In the past, I used Solidworks where there is just one standard stl saving option. My question is, will the different .stl refinement options have an impact in my part resolution? Will I be able to observe different results depending on how I save my stl? Until now I have only been looking at the printer itself in order to maximize resolution but I realize that issues like this may have an influence as well.

Thanks in advance!

Absolutely has an impact on curved faces. For what you are trying to do with maximum accuracy, use the high setting. Just know the higher polygon count will impact processing time.

Low Poly:

High Poly:

FYI. SW also has the ability to change the resolution for STL files. It’s under the Options button that you can click when saving the files.

That is very helpful. I never realized that SW had that option as well. As always, thank you so much.